Coronavirus Precautionary Protocols
An Update from Hotel Retlaw
The health and safety of our guests and employees have always been our top priority. Our hotel is cleaned and sanitized daily as part of our normal course of business. Over the past few weeks, we’ve increased the frequency and extent of those cleanings, in addition to adding resources like hand sanitizer throughout the property for both guests and employees. We’re also ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy or stay home if they aren’t feeling well. All of these practices and our business decisions are informed by guidance from the CDC and WHO, along with guidance from state and local government and health agencies. Specific steps Hotel Retlaw is taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: An internal communications hub with the latest news and information associates can use to prepare for and respond to COVID-19.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: We work with our partners and suppliers to make sure our hotel can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
- Guest Rooms: Using cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker room, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Event Notification: If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at our hotel, we will immediately work with the relevant health authorities to obtain the facts and guidance on steps to take with both guests and associates. We undertake an additional cleaning and disinfecting protocol of the common areas of the hotel as well as the areas we know the guest has been during their stay. In addition, the hotel will seal the guest’s room (e.g., preventing entry by staff or others) and undertakes a room recovery protocol that is designed to disinfect everything in the room including sanitizing the air.